Saturday 18 September 2010

When Polish Isn't Enough--Fabric Manicure

I am attending a wedding this weekend (and next) and I'm wearing the same dress to both, but trying to accessorize it differently for both events--first and foremost with the manicures. I had this idea when I was looking for embellishments for today's manicure and I came across this silver lame fabric I had (not as in "that's so lame", but as in the actual fabric type). I wondered if it could be added to a manicure--and lo and behold, it could! So I cut out and sized for my different nails. I accentuated the look by making it a "Ruffian". The overall feel is pretty smooth, but the tips have some roughness because I cut the fabric at the tip of my manicure after it was applied.





I painted three coats of China Glaze Japanese Koi and let it dry completely. I then coated Seche Vite to apply the pre-cut fabric on my nails. I let it dry again, cut the tips to my nails and applied two more coats of Seche Vite on top of the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment