Monday 27 September 2010

Celebration Part Deux

I told you I had a wedding again last weekend and I need to post the pics of my re-designed manicure.  In preparation for the dress remix, I bought some new jewelery (although it was vintage, not new to the world--new to me) and decided to go with the theme of brushed metal.  I'm attaching a picture of the dress I had for inspiration.  I'm retiring it for next weekend, but I do have another wedding to go to...!

The Dress:





For the manicure I first painted three coats of China Glaze Liquid Leather.  Then I sponged on in layers Awaken, Millennium and Frostbite.  I striped clear polish over the center after the other polishes had dried and added the blue glitter.  I sealed that glitter with a top coat so the glitter wouldn't bleed (as much).  I used Essie Matte About You on the lower half below the glitter and added Seche Vite to shine the top half and for a final seal of the glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment