Sunday 9 December 2012

Winter nail arts + How to create an outlined design

Hi,
This is going to be an unusually long post, including a lot of pictures. Here, in 
Romania, it has been snowing incredibly beautiful for the past 24 hours. That 
inspired me to create a snowmen nail art. 

I started with two coats of Flormar #431. Then, I applied a layer of a white 
crackling nail polish from Born Pretty in order to create the snow effect.

I used m12 Konad plate for the snowmen. The stamping technique is shown 
in the bellow picture. Firstly, I stamped the design using Special White. Then,
I filled in the design using a white nail polish. Lastly, I restamped the snowmen
design using Special Black, to create an outline effect. This is not as difficult
as it seems, and don't worry if you don't manage to stamp the design exactly
on the line of the previous one. Fill in the comforter with two different colours.
I used orange and green and applied them using a small dotting tool. 

This is the final result. I finished with a clear top coat. What do you think about
my snowmen nail art?

I also wanted to include some pictures of the beautiful scenery I see
from my windows. I really love snow! 

Here's a snowflake design I created for my best friend the day before. You
might have seen it on my Facebook page, as I already posted it. For this, I 
started with a sponged white layer on the tips and then I stamped the snowflakes 
from m59 Konad plate using black, pink and blue. Do you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment