Sunday 18 March 2012

And May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor

For the second installment in my Hunger Game manicure series, I planned this idea for my HG twist on St. Patrick's Day, but unfortunately things weren't going in my favor.  I originally was going to do a newspaper manicure with names in print, but my newspapers weren't cooperating in transferring dark enough.  Then I tried to use computer printed out names and that wasn't successful either.  Then, it hit me: Water decals!  The result was better than I originally planned even if a day late.  I guess the odds were in my favor after all!



I painted three coats of China Glaze Fast Track.  I printed, using a Hunger Games font--some names from the book, some made up and obviously some repeated to keep with the reaping theme.  I used two coats of Seche Vite just to make sure my decals adhered.

No comments:

Post a Comment