Tuesday 28 August 2012

TUTORIAL: Create splatter nails using a straw

Hi,
Today I'll show you my newest creation: splatter nails. After seeing some tutorials
on Youtube, I've decided to make one, too. 

All you need for this is a straw, scissors and
somne different nail polish colours. The splatter won't work if you use the straw as it is,
you have to cut it diagonally. The actual technique is a simple one: you introduce the
straw into the nail polish bottle and then you blow in the other side of the straw. 



I previously created a white base coat on my nails and, using a sponge, I created a gradient effect
with a green neon colour. The nail polished used were Matt Dull White from Born Pretty and
It's So Easy -Hot Green. I created the splatter using a black colour. I recommend that, before
you start blowing nail polish on your nails, you should apply tape in your cuticles. 
This will make it easier for you to clean all the mess. 

I did the same design on my best friend's nails, but I used pink instead of green.
The nail polish used was Sinful Colors -Cream pink.

What do you think? Which one do you like better?

No comments:

Post a Comment