Friday 18 June 2010

Strawberry Fest

I'm going to "Strawberry Fest" in Cottage Grove today and had to do the most festive and appropriate nails I could.  I kinda feel a little girlish with these nails--ala strawberry shortcake.  It's cute but now I wish I had a strawberry to pose with (and then promptly eat).

Since Kari was here at my house, we turned hers into festival nails as well--strawberry flowers and their dirt.  She came up with the idea and executed all painting but the flowers.  

My Strawberries:


Kari's Strawberry Flowers (+ dirt):


I first base coated with China Glaze Something Sweet.  The Strawberry is a mix of Salsa on bottom with some Sexy Silhouette as an accent pink/red shimmer.  I dotted Black and Gold Metallic with So Easy Stripe Rite for the seeds and use China Glaze Four Leaf Clover mixed with Hot Green So Easy Stripe Rite.  I used two coats of Seche Vite this time.

Kari actually painted her nails herself and I painted the strawberry flowers.  The base color is China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise and the flowers are a mix of First Kiss for the flower, and Solar Power and Lemon Fizz for the fruit.  The other hand is supposed to represent the dirt these strawberries need to grow and that was In Awe of Amber.  Seche Vite was the top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment