Tuesday 8 November 2011

One Hit Wonder

If you follow me and my nail polish style, you know I love glitter.  I'm drawn to their sparkle--it's so enticing!  But after this manicure, I have decided I hate glitter polish.  Ok, so I don't really hate glitter polish, but I have come to a decision about it:  It's only good as a top addition to a manicure.  I just have not had great luck with sole glitter polishes, mainly in wear.  This manicure is called "One Hit Wonder" because it barely lasted me 18 hours before it chipped.  (You may not know this about me, but when my polish chips, I have to do everything in my power to pick the rest of it off my nails ASAP.)  I've come to realize that I can do a way better full glitter look with my loose glitters than any polish can give me.  Plus glitter polishes are rarely dense enough to wear alone and I am a girl who 99.99% of the time goes for complete opacity in my manicures.  Ok.  Rant over.  This manicure was cute enough.  I wanted to capture the glitter shining through underneath, but not quite sure I did that.




I painted four coats of China Glaze CG In The City and used Konad Special Stamping Polish in White with Bundle Monster Plate BM210.  I painted one coat of Seche Vite to finish the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment