Wednesday 3 August 2011

Spirit Animals: Stepping It Up A Notch

Alright, I do know that I have a healthy self-esteem but I don't really like to brag. However, I was so excited with my new venture in nail art, that I was very proud of myself and hope you guys get a charge out of these manicures as much as I do!

As you know from my posts, I have recently entered a nail painting contest (vote for me here). As I was reading through some posts, I came across a manicurist who mentioned water decals that she made herself. Here is her blog, BTW, she has great landscape nails! I had to look into it myself to see if it was easy or hard. After getting some help from the Internet and having some inspiration due to an upcoming girls weekend, I decided to go for it. Water decal paper was a bit difficult to track down, but I found it and am excited to show you the results.

The back story on the following manicures is this: a group of my girlfriends have adopted Spirit Animals that either capture our heart, speak to us in some way and in general create an all over cheesy feeling. So I decided I would treat my friends to a manicure on our weekend getaway and make decals with their Spirit Animal. Here are the results!

Man Of War:

Painted with a base coat of Zoya Sienna and Konad Special Polish in Coral Blue with Konad plate m65.


The Loon:


Painted with three coats of China Glaze Sea Spray and using Konad Special Stamping Polish in Coral Blue and Bundle Monster Plate MB-209.


Bear:

(or as we like to call them dancing bears) Painted with three coats China Glaze Knotty and stamped with Bundle Monster Plate BM-213 with Zoya Areej.

Eagle:

Painted with three coats of Zoya Areej and stamped with Konad Special Stamping Polish in Black and Bundle Monster Plate BM-212.

Racoon:


Painted with three coats of China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise followed by a coat of China Glaze White Cap and stamped with Konad Special Stamping Polish in Black and White with Bundle Monster Plate BM-205 .

Patrick Swayze:


I know he might not speak to you as a Spirit Animal, but he did apparently call to my friend, Erin. Sometimes odd things happen, but he is glorious! Painted with three coats of Zoya Mira and on the ring finger glitter added from LA Splash Cosmetics in Dry Ice and stamped with Konad Special Polish in White and Black using Bundle Monster Plate BM-208

Each manicure was topped of with the special water decal seen and a coat of Seche Vite as the top coat and sealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment