Wednesday 14 July 2010

To Scales

I'm going the the cabin this weekend for a little girls weekend and a little R&R.  So excited.  I did a water theme with fish scales.  I'm moderately happy with the results.  I really wanted them to look more textured and luminescent as I see fish scales in my mind, but what I tried only yielded semi-decent results....



with flash:



I layered the following colors for the fish skin: China Glaze Solar Power, Emerald Sparkle, In Awe of Amber, Zoya Charla, Yasmeen.  I then used Konad Plate m57 with Liquid Leather first and then Millennium.  To finish the look, I matted the entire nail with Essie Matte About You followed by a center stripe of Golden Enchantment with Seche Vite to shine that center stripe (my attempt at dimension for the look scales give).  Oh, and be proud of me, I recalled all these polished from memory since mine are packed for the cabin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment